|Job title:||Programs Manager|
|Reports to:||Executive Manager|
|Deadline:||November 12th ,2019|
|About YDN:||Yemeni Development Network for NGO’s is a non-governmental and non-profit organization established under the license No. (54/163) from Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor on 23/8/2003, it's headquarter office in the capital city of Sana'a with spread branches at Yemeni governorates.|
|Job General Summary:||Develop action plans and mechanisms for programs and projects and contribute in the achievement of the objectives of YDN through supervision and follow-up of all operational work in the relevant operational plan.|
|Main Duties and Responsibilities:||Main Responsibilities:
1. Prepare the management strategic plan proposal and contribute to the develop it, prepare and follow up the implementation of operational plans to ensure that they are balanced with YDN objectives
2. Participation in the preparation of the budget of the Department in coordination with the competent unit.
3. Periodic follow-up the performance indicators and preparation of performance ratios reports of the Department and submission to the Executive Director
4. Develop programs that promote learning, development, training, and motivate task forces to ensure the highest quality of service delivery
5. Strengthen relationships with internal and external partners to ensure that services are provided at the best standards.
6. Establish principles and controls for managing and directing operations and improving productivity
7. Establish principles and controls for managing and directing operations and improving productivity.
8. Prepare the management strategic plan proposal and contribute to the develop it, prepare and follow up the implementation of operational plans to ensure that they are balanced with YDN objectives
1. Participates in the development of YDN strategy for its management through feedback from the field through the implementation of programs and projects.
2. Designs and manages humanitarian response programs for YDN, including planning, monitoring and grant management.
3. Develops operational plans and detailed budgets for project activities to be funded and implemented
4. Assists in the selection and training of qualified program employees, recommendation and evaluations, disciplinary procedures and staff termination in consultation with relevant departments
5. Works closely with program coordinators to identify the operational requirements of programs within the scope of grants
6. Analyzes data collected from program coordinators, and suggests appropriate strategies for program implementation
7. Ensures that monthly, quarterly reports and statistics are collected in time.
8. Develops and updates systems for monitoring and evaluating program objectives, indicators and results
9. Monitors the compilation of program reports and donors, and develops future programs as needed
10. Ensures that close liaison is established with local authorities, donors and partner organizations to ensure that programs comply with donor policies and regulations and complement the efforts of other organizations
11. Oversees the coordination and documentation of lessons learned, "best practices" for humanitarian response programs
12. Ensures that all programs are implemented in accordance with the strategy, action plans, budget, as well as meeting indicators in timely manner.
13. Ensure effective coordination and cooperation between programs coordinators under his/her supervision that grantee developing, enhancing and expanding the projects.
14. Facilitate and coordinate activities within team and with other managements
15. Monitors program expenditure and coordinates regularly with Finance manager to address expenditure issues
16. Develop cooperation in programs and partnerships with relevant local organizations and institutions
17. Submit weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on the Department's achievements, challenges and difficulties
18. Conduct surveys , need assessments and contribute to the production of the new proposals.
19. Ensuring of detecting new opportunities and to expand the humanitarian response programs in new areas
20. Conducts periodic evaluation for the plans and executing activities of the projects through periodic evaluation and evaluation and analyzing meeting
21. Follow up the performance to ensure the quality and the achieving results according to the performance indicators through the ongoing follow up and the supervisory visits for the programs and projects.
22. Make the tasks of the coordination that contact administration's activities with the other relevant administrations internally and externally .
23. Oversees /ensures in establishing effective system for monitoring , evaluating and information management in the most efficient manner possible of effective decentralization.
24. Provides analytical reports that providing in the projects to ensure that the target activities and the financial data – in time for the administration- and send copies to the relevant entities ,cooperate with MEAL unit.
1. He oversees the representation of YDN in different workgroups (food security, health, nutrition, and .. Etc.), sub-working groups and planning workshops among partners.
2. Maintains strong coordination with all relevant stakeholders (government agencies - international and local organizations ... Etc(
3. Supervises and manages YDN's representation on program and project issues with donors and relevant institutions
4. Contributes to create a positive image and overall credibility of YDN, particularly by ensuring that programs are carried out in accordance with donor policies and regulations.
Training/ Capacity Building:
1. Ensure that the training needs of his/her management employees deployed are identified
2. Oversees the training of staff of his department to increase their responsibilities to build their capacity and ensure the sustainability of programs
3. Supervise the analysis of research, studies, evaluations and reports to identify and document lessons, and produce analytical summaries to serve its management particularly and the YDN in general.
4. Supervise the preparation, documentation and publication of field study and survey protocols.
5. Training of staff in all programs, including the provision of training to volunteers on general concepts of humanitarian work and related minimum practices and standards
6. Mobilize timely technical assistance for monitoring and evaluation, with clear identification of responsibilities based on the principles of partnership and equity in the project
7. Supervise the preparation of YDN manuals for emergency assistance and other interventions and for inter-program integration
8. Ensure that the evidence for YDN in respect of supporting functions is in accordance with the relevant standards and is consistent with the donors' requirements.
9. Supervises the establishment of a safe and effective system for all documents and information relating to marketed and implemented projects
Fundraising/ Programs Development:
1. Makes and implement outreach plan for the fundraising unit for determined and attract new fundraising opportunities.
2. Supervise on witting proposals relevant to the humanitarian response and development projects that are required.
3. oversees on preparing and Implementing different advertising and media materials, programs and issuances
4. Ensure a strong contact with donors, whether by supporting relations with current donors or building a new relationships to support projects.
5. Participates in the process of communicating and following up agreements concluded between the YDN and donors and supervise the implementation of those agreements.
6. Ensures that project commitments are met by partners and stakeholders, provided with all required information, maintained communication with them and in the interest of projects and programs
7. Ensures that all contractual obligations, communications are met and efforts made to ensure that implementation matches project objectives
8. oversees on making database for all donors that support YDN
1. Ensures application and compliance of security protocols and policies
|Qualifications and Experience:||Qualifications and experience:
1. BA degree (Master preferred) of management background or in a relevant field of study
2. At least 3 to 5 years of experience working as heath & nutrition or health& WaSH programs manager, and experienced with INGOs or NGOs
1. Team work and creative thinking.
2. Communication skills.
3. Focus on the coordination of the main stockholders.
4. Focus on the results.
5. Manage resources effectively.
7. Strategic thinking.
8. Empowering staff and developing their skills.
9. Leading change.
1. Analyzing problems and making decisions.
3. Analytical and creative thinking.
4. Crisis management.
5. Presentation skills.
6. Achieving excellence management.
7. Effective negotiation.
|Submission mechanism:||If you are interested in this position, kindly follow the link below: